Month in Review: July 2012’s Must Read News
Once again it’s time to review the top ten most popular news items on Caving News in the last 31 days.
This look back gives you a chance to see what other readers found interesting, and to allow you to catch anything you may have missed.
Without further ado, here are the ten most popular articles of caving news that appeared in July 2012, ordered by the number of views.
July’s Top 10 News Items
- Tourist Dies After Fall at Scotland’s Fingal’s Cave
A German tourist died during a visit to Scotland’s Fingal’s Cave
- Cave Diver Reaches -217m in the Czech Republic’s Hranická Propast
A recent 7.5 hour dive in the Czech Republic’s Hranická Propast, saw caver Krzysztof Starnawski reach 217 meters (712 feet) in depth before returning to the surface.
- Flooding Traps Four Cavers Inside English Cave
In it’s 41st call out of the year, the U.K.’s Cave Rescue Organisation responded to rescue a party of four cavers who failed to return from a trip to Ingleborough’s Tatham Wife Hole.
- Petzl Announces New Caving Gear for 2013
Petzl recently announced its new caving gear for 2013.
- Four Scuba Divers Drown During Italian Cave Dive
Four scuba divers died while visiting a popular underwater cave system near Palinuro in southern Italy.
- Cavers Complete Project Declined by Construction Companies
Cavers came to the rescue of Switzerland’s Temple de Plan-les-Ouates to help with a project to insulate its floors.
- Experts Discover Cause Behind Colorado Highway Sinkhole
The deep sinkhole that recently opened up next to a Colorado highway was caused by an abandoned railway tunnel.
- Stuck Teen Rescued from Virginia Cave
A teenage boy was rescued from a Virginia cave after he became stuck.
- Cave Divers Discover Three New Species in New Zealand
Three new species have been discovered by cave divers on an expedition inside New Zealand’s Nelson cave.
- How Climbing Ropes are Made
If you’ve ever wondered how a climbing rope is made, now is your chance to find out.